[Shop-talk] Boosting a UPS?

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Boosting a UPS?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 14:08:22 -0600
It is hot here in Salt Lake. I got a small fan for my office to help keep me
cool.
I plugged it into one of the non-backup outlets on the UPS that powers the
Team.Net
server. Now when I turn the little fan off or on, the UPS beeps a few times.
Interesting.

It could be a sign that I need to replace the UPS soon. Maybe time for a mini
fund drive?
I have also heard that one can increase the capacity by wiring normal 12 volt
car, motorcycle,
lawn tractor, etc. batteries into the circuit. Anyone have any experience doing
so?

mjb.

ps: About the only thing I remember from all the electrical engineering classes
I took
     in college is that given enough current, any circuit element can be
modeled as a fuse.