Re: [Shop-talk] WiFi Router

To: David Cole <dgcole01@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] WiFi Router
From: Ian McFetridge <shop-talk2@mcfetridge.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 09:22:15 -0400
Cc: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
For me, location of the router was key.  I was having issues with mine and
after optimizing the channels I moved it from the basement to the first
floor and got 80% there with signal.  Then i experimented moving it around
on the first floor (bought a 50ft ethernet cable from Monoprice) until I
got the signal and throughput I wanted.  I then spent time running a
hardline through the walls to that location (cat 6e, not using the 50ft
cable now).

Coincidentally, I'm moving into a new-to-me house this week and will have
to go through this all over again!

I only have N, Linksys N900, so I won't comment on AC.

- Ian