Re: [Shop-talk] Soldering a radiator

To: "'Robert nogueira'" <nogera@icloud.com>, "'Shop-talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Soldering a radiator
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:36:01 -0700
> I have a brass radiator on which I need to relocate the input
> outlet.  I'm
> hoping to do it without disturbing the tank to core seam.
> I'm looking for suggestions as to how to go about this task.

I'm reasonably adept at soldering; no problem with electrical or copper
plumbing and I've even had some success with body work.

But my first thought would be to take it to the local radiator shop and let
them deal with it.  They've got the skills and the tools
(including the acid dip tank); and so far at least, the charge has been less
than I expected.

Worth asking, anyway.

BTW, true MAPP gas is no longer available in the US.  What they are selling is
a substitute.  To me at least, it doesn't seem to
work as well.

Randall