Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 156

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop-talk Digest, Vol 8, Issue 156
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 21:01:54 -0400
On 10/29/2014 6:29 PM, Scott wrote:
> Anyway, I wonder if septic tanks are similar. We just replaced ours,
> and the tank is huge now, as are the leach lines. Maybe you just get
> the gigantor tank, and the lines spend a week draining.

Sure, that would work for us, but the next owner may throw a 25 person
party every day. Needs to be designed for maximum load, which is related
to the # bedrooms * soil absorption capacity.

We visit a ski lodge every spring and about every other year the tank
overflows, usually right around the time we're all on the lawn digging
into dinner[1]...

jim

[1] I typo'd that as donner, which is funny on a few levels given the
location of the land I'm looking at...