Re: [Shop-talk] new tool Oscillating tool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] new tool Oscillating tool
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:12:41 -0500
At 07:59 PM 1/19/2015, Brian Kemp wrote:

 >I have the cheap Harbor Freight version and recommend this type of tool as
 >well. ....

Brian,

I too have the cheap Harbor Freight version, have had it for about 5
yrs or so.
It's probably the best $40 I've ever spent.

 >Examples:

 >- .... Cutting all nails and caulk to allow me to remove an
exterior door without
 >disturbing the exterior stucco molding

What blade did you use to cut the nails?  I've tried to cut nails but
keep tearing the
teeth off the blade.

In addition to the uses you've mentioned, I've used mine to help as a scrapper
pulling up old vinyl flooring.  Cutting through calk to remove a counter top.

John

                        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org

 From Dennis Prager - The American Trilogy:
      e pluribus Unum, "from many, one."
      In God We Trust
      Liberty - the  power  of  choosing,  thinking,  and  acting  for
                   oneself; freedom  from  control  or  restriction

---