Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel Rec

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air Hose Reel Rec
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:47:17 -0500
I agree with David that we *should* be able to make fittings that don't
leak any more, but after I spent forever trying to have a leak free
system, I gave up and just put ball valves everywhere too. My QD
fittings also leak, and I'm sure other stuff does too. I've now gone
almost to the opposite extreme and so long as the line hold pressure
while I'm trying to use it, I'm happy. I've decided my air lines are
like the SR-71's fuel tanks--they're *supposed* to leak somewhat.

Though I'm contemplating a new garage, and if that happens, the whole
thing will be black iron and it'll so tight that it'll hold full
pressure for months. I'll still use ball valves, but if I got to start
from scratch, I'm going to have something that will make me cry (with
happiness).

Scott