Re: [Shop-talk] Special tool for those plastic rivet clips?

To: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>, Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Special tool for those plastic rivet clips?
From: Arvid <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:24:04 -0600
Doug,

I have a 2015 Scion. This is probably common knowledge but it took me a
while to figure it out.

I usually just push the pin further in and then the rivet seems to
easily pop out. I need to be careful to not push the pin "to far in" as
the pin then falls out the back side of the rivet and into the
unreachable spots in the car. Just a light push usually moves the pin to
the "can get the rivet out" position that seems to be designed into the
setup.

If I need tools I've got these ...

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-auto-trim-and-molding-tool-set-67021.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-piece-upholstery-and-trim-tool-set-99739.html