Re: [Shop-talk] Special tool for those plastic rivet clips?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Special tool for those plastic rivet clips?
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 12:59:36 -0500
Oh--seeing that reminded me of the other thing I saw online--wire
cutters (dykes?). The guy forced the 'blades' under the head of the
retainer, closed slightly, and pulled it out that way.

(I have a new Nissan, Cadillac, Volkswagen(s), and older Mazdas and
Toyotas that are *loaded* with these things. After I destroyed the ones
holding the Cadillac's front valance on a while back I finally started
looking around on how to get them off in the least-destructive way possible.

I still don't like them.