[Shop-talk] Trailer tongue box made for wiring?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Trailer tongue box made for wiring?
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2015 19:38:31 -0400 (EDT)
    { Shop content: I use my trailer to haul shit to and from my shop. ]

    Does anyone make a trailer tongue box that is designed for having
wiring run through it?  Or do I just have to drill holes and find some
grommets myself?

    I have a 20' enclosed car hauler.  I'm rewiring quite a bit of it.
Since I only really use it in the winter, in slush and snow and whatnot,
weather-proofing is important to me.  Right now, it just has a little
plastic box mounted to one of the tongue members, which holds a small
battery.  That box has holes in it for wires to enter and exit, so it
doesn't stay dry inside.  This is poor design, IMO.

    I want to put a tongue box on it, and run the 12v wiring from my truck
into that.  Also want to put a full-size battery in there, and a
distribution block.

    My preferred choice would be to find such a box on the market.  Second
choice is, buy a standard one and modify it.  3rd choice, make from
scratch.  I really don't have time to make it from scratch, though, as I
just decided to make my own tire rack for the interior ( among a million
other ongoing projects ).

    Thanks.

--
  David Hillman