Re: [Shop-talk] How to cut 60 degree bevel in 2x8?

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] How to cut 60 degree bevel in 2x8?
From: Jim Franklin <jamesf@groupwbench.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 17:56:39 -0400
So, I ended up clamping all the boards together edge up, staggered, and made
one long cut. Flipped the bundle over, made another. Then put the "instant
amputee" pruning blade into the sawzall and finished the middle part.

The belt sander took care of the unevenness. They won't match when adjacent
but clearly there was no elegant solution in reasonable proximity. And I can
belt sand some more to blend the edges if it annoys me.

On May 18, 2015, at 5:11 PM, Eric J Russell <ejrussell@mebtel.net> wrote:

> Or, can you end the decking an inch or so short and put an angled strip
across the ends?

Something like that - starting the cut 1/2" up the butt end so that the total
depth was less - would have been the ideal solution given my lack of
appropriate tools (no router, no handsaw). But I'd already cut one, and
clipping its edge to match the rest would have meant making it shorter, and I
don't have that wiggle room.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

jim