Re: [Shop-talk] Camouflaging a connex (intermodal container)

To: eric@megageek.com
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Camouflaging a connex (intermodal container)
From: Peter Murray <peterwmurray@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 16:04:39 -0400
Cc: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
What about a darker red, somewhat like a barn would be painted? Are you
planning to put a pitched roof on it? If not, you may already be
considering painting the roof a light color to reduce solar heating during
the summer (if that matters).

If you are fortunate enough to have mainly a single direction from which
the public (and you) would see them (from the road and/or your house or
shop windows), you could always position them so you see the small side,
rather than the broad side.

How long will your sea crate be there? Is it "permanent"? If you're
thinking a few years, then maybe some wood trellis and plant some
fast-growing evergreen vines. If "forever", then perhaps some
faster-growing evergreen bushes would be good. Either way, some camo
netting could provide visual cover while the natural stuff does its thing...

Some vines to consider:
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/fast-growing-evergreen-vines-44998.html

-Peter