Re: [Shop-talk] Is this a shutoff?

To: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Is this a shutoff?
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:34:47 -0500
Cc: "Shop-talk@autox.team.net" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
I'd think you'd just remove the section of pipe. You really can't solder a
pinhole leak shut, even on water lines. Eventually the solder will give way.

You can get a sleeve, I suppose, but I'd imagine you'd want to remove the
pipe to slide the sleeve over it anyway, which means removing the section
of pipe anyway...

I guess someone probably makes a sleeve that is split so you don't need to
remove the section of pipe, too, but geez...like someone else said, this
stuff goes boom if you mess up. Take the section out and put in a new
section.