[Shop-talk] Phone mounts

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Phone mounts
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 19:06:19 -0700
Steve wrote:
>OK, so all you smart phone/google maps people, do you use a mount that
>holds the phone up in some appropriate viewing place?  What do you do when
>you receive a phone call?  Do you use the speakerphone feature or
>bluetooth to something else?

         I use the Kenu Airframe
(http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe).  Clips into most any air
vent.  Doesn't get the phone right my line of sight, but then I'm listening
to the Google Maps voice directions mostly.  The Airframe+ works with
larger phones.  It's small enough that when I'm not using it I can just
toss it into the ashtray and out of my way.

         My car doesn't have Bluetooth so I use a Motorola Roadster 2
universal Bluetooth speakerphone.  It clips into my sunvisor and
communicates via Bluetooth with my iPhone.  I can make calls handfree and
the Roadster volume is much louder than the iPhone so I can hear it
clearly.  It uses dual microphones with noise cancelling technology, people
report they can hear me very clearly.  It'll also take music on your phone
and broadcast it on an FM freq so you can listen to your music collection
on older stereos.  Haven't used that feature, don't know how it works.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       532,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff