Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer

To: Joe Szwed <szwedj@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:38:04 -0400
Cc: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Joe,

Thanks for the info on the torsion/leaf differences.  I think the only time
I've dealt with a torsion suspension was on an old Airstream trailer.  The
rubber inside the tubes had definitely deteriorated as the trailer sat a
lot lower than it should have.  It's my understanding as the rubber
deteriorates the axle rotates such that it has less travel and the wheel
moves up into the wheel well more.

I've never heard of using blocks like you suggested but it sounds
interesting.  I would think one key would be to ensure the blocks can't
move out of position.

I've thought about a generator but since I'll mostly be towing with a
motorhome with on-board generator I don't think I want to go to the hassle
or expense of adding a generator to the trailer.

Thanks or the feedback!

Brad