Re: [Shop-talk] Gluing an awkward shape

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Gluing an awkward shape
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 17:23:57 -0800
On 11/25/2015 2:57 PM, Jim Stone wrote:
> Thanks guys.  Lots of good suggestions.  I am heading to my cousinbs house
> tomorrow and bring an assortment of glues, pins, tape and rubber bands, so I
> will see the giraffe then and make the final call on which of the methods will
> work best.  I feel more confident of success than I did just a few hours ago!

Another option depending on how much time, money, and force is involved
and whether you need alignment or just clamping, is to squirt some
spray-foam insulation or whatever into a plastic bag and squish it down
on one side, if necessary the same on the other, before clamping them
with a bar clamp or whatever as the foam firms.

Just don't let the gooey foam get on the workpieces.

John.