Re: [Shop-talk] cold temp seam sealer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] cold temp seam sealer
From: Todd Walke <racertod@racertodd.com> d13.prod.outlook.com> BlargAV v1.1 on localhost.drteeth.p.blarg.net
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 10:59:49 -0800
         How about 3M Strip Caulk?

<http://3mcollision.com/3m-strip-calk-08578-black.html?WT.mc_id=www.3m.com/product/information/Strip-Caulk.html>

         It's pretty pliable in cold temps, will handle exposure to
water.  I assume it would stick to cold metal.  Maybe store it inside so
it's warm and soft when you apply it.  Doesn't really "cure", so I don't
think it's as sensitive to temperature.  If the surface it needs to stick
to is rusty, a quick pass with a wire brush to get rid of the loose rust
might help it stick to good metal.

Todd
Seattle,WA
'86 GTI, Red of course. (exciting racey car) 276,000 miles
'01 Golf TDI, silver.   (new work car)       547,000 miles
'87 Golf, Polar Silver. (retired work car)   654,000 miles <- Gone to a new
home :(
http://www.pureluckdesign.com <-Ferrari & VW stuff