Re: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] The one tool we have never discussed here!
From: Richard Beels <rbeels@yahoo.com> mail.megageek.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 19:22:30 -0500
References: <OF08A5B146.C9CCC137-ON85257F4B.006CDCA7-85257F4B.00705EF2@mail.megageek.com> s=q20140121; t=1454308658; bh=nQzM0D4IPaxE5ChgNGcIcjgTXeewovyMX71BUyAzMsQ=; h=Received:Received:Date:To:From:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type; b=B5r20BnFaHChH+uVe3+EGw5hAa4HyHizwgRIUzasrbLpbJlJwNtiIrleqlJ2XxVND IYpF8I4kl6tnzrRtlVOgMcOTeNSZvDZxrtIEHeOD0Id462y/9ynrHNu2nXOmGhfHhp p47dBIap7ZV6rR3PNhhEYXKEs9m8+ArqmmIU1LUXjld/cAbd/kmnKCy+P0QZmIyw7Z I1GsZDzJo05VHe2NSqk+z+lApXjysMmkxJOcSh3+Hwq9rYojJo7dT0HSx3UOLGNMNW bwHn7XBH2HrX76T+BS/fWPxGg5Bq51WxqRVoj/SQqY0hixOzgrGSWP9nAtkSBkUhyZ GDtTU4InYstUA==
Go here and read this guy's AMAs:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/316tx6

The guy's advice is spot on.  I have a Miele canister and the wife
loves it.  It was $700 but sucks like a vaccuum should.

If you want to do carpets, you'll want an adjustable-height powerhead.

And we have a $100 B&D dustbuster-type model (BDH2020FLFH) that is
great for a quick zip around the corners and edges.

At 01/31/2016 at 14:57, Shakespearean monkeys danced on
eric@megageek.com's keyboard and said:
>OK, I need some help trying to buy a new household vacuum.  I have a
>2 floor house, carpets on the top floor, hardwood, area rugs,  and
>linelomun on the first floor. (two units isn't out of the question)
>
>I don't mind vacuuming if I have a good unit.  In the past, I even
>tried a commercial backpack mounted one, but it was poorly designed
>(and VERY expensive.)
>
>I don't mind if it's heavy, I just want to make sure that it has a
>quick wand to pull out and get corners and such.  On board tools is
>a must, BUT they have to be out of the way.
>
>My current dust devil constantly has the tools falling out or in the way.
>
>I don't need HEPA filters or anything (but I did love the Rainbow
>vacuum that used water as the filter.  I just wish they had a
>'messenger bag' style canister unit.)
>
>I prefer upright. and I don't want to have to replace bags.  I have
>no problem cleaning a reusable filter.
>
>I'm even thinking 'whole house unit', but the installation might
>take a while I need something in the meantime. 8>(
>
>Price isn't a factor FOR A GREAT UNIT.  I don't like 'stick' or
>'rechargeable' models.
>
>With that said, anyone have any suggests?
>
>OB SHOP CONTENT- If I get a new vacuum, I'll take apart this one and
>build something stupid with it! 8>)
>

>Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
>Eric P
>"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a
>rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your
>territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cheers!