Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Vacuums

To: "eric@megageek.com" <eric@megageek.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage Vacuums
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 11:02:07 -0600
Cc: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 7:11 AM,  <eric@megageek.com> wrote:
> So I was thinking of adding a wall mount garage vacuum like one of these...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-ProGrade-Garage-Utility-L2310/dp/B000289920/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455802332&sr=8-1&keywords=guv
>
> or
>
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003R3JFJO/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2Q4QONC3A3JBV&coliid=IGUX6ER9MU71G
>
> Problem is, the reviews seem to vary saying they don't have great suction.
>
> Then I was thinking of just getting a 20' section of hose for a standard
> shop vac...
>
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I5WETYI/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2Q4QONC3A3JBV&coliid=I1D9CR71UI84ZG
>
> But I was wondering if the length causes the drop in suction.

Length of hose doesn't help, of course.  But real car vaccums -- like
at a car wash -- are really powerful.  The one at the garage I used to
run had three 2-hp motors, and boy did it suck stuff up.  It was  made
by Adams, who make lots of the ones you see at places like that.
They're expensive, but they last forever, and everything that wears
out is replaceable or servicable, so there's probably a used market
for them.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com