Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools....battery disposal tangent

Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools....battery disposal tangent
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 10:28:50 -0700
Cc: "'ShopTalk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
> I know a lot of places take batteries, fluorescent bulbs,
> etc. for recycling, but I have a sneaking suspicion--backed
> up by some investigative reporting I've seen--that a lot of
> the 'recycled' stuff ends up in rivers in China (presumably
> after any valuable components and metals are removed).

Interesting.  That explains the disclaimer at
http://www.lacsd.org/solidwaste/swfacilities/recyclecontact/hhw_e_waste/
"No electronic waste collected at these events is sent overseas."

I'm not arguing whether that is true or not; just didn't understand why it was
worth mentioning.  Personally, I'm a lot less worried
about rivers in China than I am the landfill up the hill (from where I used to
live).

Randall