Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools....battery disposal tangent

To: "shop-talk@autox.team.net" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools....battery disposal tangent
From: Jeff Scarbrough <fishplate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 11:19:39 -0400
On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Randall <TR3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
> Personally, I'm a lot less worried
> about rivers in China than I am the landfill up the hill (from where I used
> to live).

To be sure, the land fill is more immediate.  However, it's much more
likely to be equipped with a liner and a leachate collection system
that ensures any fugitive emissions will be collected and properly
treated.  Not so much the river in China.

Having said that, it appears there are certainly cases where it's
better to toss the trash rather than recycle it.  At work, I'm not
allowed to recycle electronics unless the recycler is certified to
properly handle and dispose of the waste.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.