Re: [Shop-talk] Fuel Injector Cleaners

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fuel Injector Cleaners
From: Jack Brooks <JIBrooks@Live.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 22:01:25 -0700
John,

Is this a trusted shop that you regularly do business with?  It sounds like
an upsell to me.

I buy the Techron injector cleaner at Costco (6 pack) when it's on sale and
put one bottle in every car during the summer and found that to be
sufficient that I don't think I've ever had an injector issue.  Seafoam,
Marvel Mystery Oil are two that I've heard people like too.  I suspect just
using one of the better grades of fuel (Top Tier?) which has cleaners in it
would be fine also.

My cost for the Techron at Costco is about $3/car/year.  That is about what
I think the injector clogging issue is worth with today's fuel and cars.  I
would not go anywhere near a $150 injector flush.  If the injectors truly
are dirty, your emissions and drivability may suffer and you should get them
cleaned professionally (ultrasonic) for about $25-$30/injector.  This would
be a far better investment.

Jack