[Shop-talk] tubing bender dies

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] tubing bender dies
From: Brad Kahler <bkahler1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:00:46 -0400
I was given one of these tubing benders from Harbor Freight.  By
design it bends flat stock rather well.

http://www.harborfreight.com/compact-bender-38470.html

I now have a need to bend some 5/8" diameter OD 1/16" wall tubing.
I've been shopping around for dies but the prices I'm finding are
fairly high for a one time need to make a couple of bends.

I've got a nice 13" South Bend lathe so I'm thinking I should be able
to fabricate the dies myself.  Would a material like Delrin would be
suitable for the dies?

Assuming I do decide to try and turn the dies myself I would also need
to figure out how to grind the cutting tool to shape the curve.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to accomplish this task.

Thanks!

Brad