[Shop-talk] Engine idling problem

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Engine idling problem
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 04:02:06 -0400 2013) at 10/03/2016 04:02:26 AM, Serialize complete at 10/03/2016 04:02:26 AM
--===============2437654620614113514==

--=_alternative 002C243F85258041_=

I have a 2009 Kawasaki KingQuad 750 that I use for work on my property.
It's garage kept and I had it since it was new.  (so it's well taken care
of.)

Recently, I've had a problem with it starting and taking off  (it has an
auto clutch and it dies when I try to put it under power.)  A search on
the web has these problems listed from anything from a spark plug to a new
computer (and none seems to have enough followup to let me know what
works.)

It got really bad and a new battery and plug seemed to fix it.  Problem
is, it's starting to happen again just a few months later.

Now, I really don't ever open the throttle up.  It's mostly used at slow
speed or it's idling while I'm nearby.  I'm guessing this is part of the
problem.

Since it's such a beast, opening it up full throttle would take a small
runway.  I did make a race track in one of my fields to run it more, but I
was wondering if there was a better way.

SO, my questions are...

Is it my low speed/idling use that is causing the issue?

Is there something else I can do to keep it from happening?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson
--=_alternative 002C243F85258041_=

I use for work on my property. &nbsp;It's garage kept and I had it since
it was new. &nbsp;(so it's well taken care of.)</font>
starting and taking off &nbsp;(it has an auto clutch and it dies when I
try to put it under power.) &nbsp;A search on the web has these problems
listed from anything from a spark plug to a new computer (and none seems
to have enough followup to let me know what works.)</font>
and plug seemed to fix it. &nbsp;Problem is, it's starting to happen again
just a few months later.</font>
up. &nbsp;It's mostly used at slow speed or it's idling while I'm nearby.
&nbsp;I'm guessing this is part of the problem.</font>
up full throttle would take a small runway. &nbsp;I did make a race track
in one of my fields to run it more, but I was wondering if there was a
better way.</font>
causing the issue?</font>
keep it from happening?</font>
Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.<br>
Eric P<br>
&quot;Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational
being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory.&quot; Ralph
Waldo Emerson </font>

--===============2437654620614113514==--