Re: [Shop-talk] Auto Batteries

To: <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Auto Batteries
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2016 03:37:17 -0800
> I've had good luck with Costco batteries in my cars for more than a
decade.
> I had one start to go bad after a few years and swap for a new one was
> quick and painless.  Don't remember if they pro-rated, but I remember
> being happy.

I recently returned a 4 year old battery to them that would no longer hold a
charge and they gave me a 100% refund.  A new battery only cost me $5
because the core charge had gone up.

The battery failure was likely due to electrical problems in a rarely-driven
car.  I had "fixed" the randomly blowing horns by disconnecting them,
without considering there was a relay coil still drawing current when the
horn button closed itself.

Randall