Re: [Shop-talk] Impact wrenches (heavy duty)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Impact wrenches (heavy duty)
From: Steve Dillen via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 07:11:50 -0800

--------------A72380B54A302FE0939B7113

This is probably blasphemy on this list, bat a year or so ago I bought a
Makita 1002Z 18v impact gun and have found it to be VERY good.  I don't
have to wait for my compressor to fill or to drag air lines around to
use it.  I originally bought it to remove the crankshaft nut on my
daughter's Honda civic as my old gun wasn't up to the task and I'd read
horror stories all over the net about how impossibly tight that nut is
from the factory.  Rusted spring hanger bolts were no problem when I
replaced the axle on my utility trailer a few months ago.

I think specs say something about 1100ft lb in reverse and 700 in
forward.  It's a bit bigger and heavier than an air wrench, but it ticks
the boxes of being an expensive brand name cool toy!  I think they may a
3/4" drive version as well.

Steve

On 2019-02-24 9:13 a.m., eric--- via Shop-talk wrote.
>   I'm looking for a heavy duty air impact wrench.  I prefer 1/2, but
> I'm willing to listen to any advice on moving up to 3/4.
> I'm looking for a tool to use when my 'normal' impact can't handle to
> job, so it will not be used a ton.
>
> Any ideas?  Price isn't much of a concern as it seems even the top end
> ones aren't outrageous.  (Note- I'm not a Snap on junkie that likes
> over priced brand names.)

--------------A72380B54A302FE0939B7113

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      bought a Makita 1002Z 18v impact gun and have found it to be VERY
      good.  I don't have to wait for my compressor to fill or to drag
      air lines around to use it.  I originally bought it to remove the
      crankshaft nut on my daughter's Honda civic as my old gun wasn't
      up to the task and I'd read horror stories all over the net about
      how impossibly tight that nut is from the factory.  Rusted spring
      hanger bolts were no problem when I replaced the axle on my
      utility trailer a few months ago.<br>
      forward.  It's a bit bigger and heavier than an air wrench, but it
      ticks the boxes of being an expensive brand name cool toy!  I
      think they may a 3/4" drive version as well.<br>
      Shop-talk wrote.  <br>
cite="mid:OF7DFBBCAA.43FB1B41-ON852583AB.005DE521-852583AB.005E9D48@mail.megageek.com">
        charset=windows-1252">
        for a heavy duty air impact wrench.  I
        prefer 1/2, but I'm willing to listen to any advice on moving up
        to 3/4.</span>
        for
        a tool to use when my 'normal' impact can't handle to job, so it
        will not
        be used a ton.</span>
         Price
        isn't much of a concern as it seems even the top end ones aren't
        outrageous.
         (Note- I'm not a Snap on junkie that likes over priced brand
        names.)</span>

--------------A72380B54A302FE0939B7113--

--===============7040994769198470330==

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/shop-talk