Re: [Shop-talk] Hearing protection for mowing

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Hearing protection for mowing
From: Jim Stone via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 21:04:03 -0400
When it comes to ear plugs, I have had much better luck with silicone ones than
foam.  Like these:
https://www.cvs.com/shop/cvs-health-ultra-soft-silicone-earplugs-antimicrobial-protection-prodid-457795.
 On occasion, I have used them under â??ear muffâ?? protectors and the
combination works especially well.  Technically, heavy duty foam ones have a
higher db reduction rating, but I have found the silicone ones seal better and
thus do a better job of reducing noise.