[Shop-talk] Adding a tube into aluminum manifold

To: Steven Trovato via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net> definitions=2019-09-15_09:, , signatures=0 malwarescore=0 phishscore=0 bulkscore=0 spamscore=0 clxscore=1015 mlxscore=0 mlxlogscore=532 adultscore=0 classifier=spam adjust=0 reason=mlx scancount=1 engine=8.0.1-1812120000 definitions=main-1909150197
Subject: [Shop-talk] Adding a tube into aluminum manifold
From: Darrell Walker via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2019 11:00:51 -0700
Iâ??m adapting a Land Rover intake manifold for use on my TR8.  One thing I
need to do is add a connection from the manifold to feed the heater.  There is
a place on the manifold that will work perfectly.

My initial plan was to tap the manifold for a copper fitting.  But will there
be an issue with copper threaded into aluminum?

If the copper is a bad idea, I could use an aluminum tube, but how to connect
it?  I might be able to find someone to TIG weld it.  Or I could try JB Weld,
or there are some products to solder aluminum together.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L