Re: [Shop-talk] Small compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Small compressors
From: Jimmie Mayfield via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 13:57:03 -0400

--------------242B8FC35BAD0EC851B9F5EE

I have a 25gal Craftsman Pro oil-filled compressor.  At 25 gallons, it's
at the larger end of what I'd consider "small" but it is on pneumatic
wheels so rolling it around isn't a problem.  I use it for everything
from filling tires to blowing out the sprinkler lines in the fall (I
usually aim a fan at the pump for the latter...the pump runs continuous
for an hour or two so this keeps the pump cool to the touch).

On 3/17/20 09:52, Jim Franklin via Shop-talk wrote:
> My Porter Cable pancake has a pinhole in the tank. I have abused it for 10+
> years and it doesn't owe me anything at this point. What do people like for
> small, wheeled, quiet, inexpensive? I don't see myself staying in this house
> much longer so I won't be installing lines and a nice stand up unit, but I do
> need to fill car tires, run a framing nail gun.
>
> thanks,
> jim

--------------242B8FC35BAD0EC851B9F5EE

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      compressor.  At 25 gallons, it's at the larger end of what I'd
      consider "small" but it is on pneumatic wheels so rolling it
      around isn't a problem.  I use it for everything from filling
      tires to blowing out the sprinkler lines in the fall (I usually
      aim a fan at the pump for the latter...the pump runs continuous
      for an hour or two so this keeps the pump cool to the touch).</div>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:3A09C5BA-397E-4720-B0EF-F36C654BAE02@groupwbench.org">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">My Porter Cable pancake has a pinhole
in the tank. I have abused it for 10+ years and it doesn't owe me anything at
this point. What do people like for small, wheeled, quiet, inexpensive? I don't
see myself staying in this house much longer so I won't be installing lines and
a nice stand up unit, but I do need to fill car tires, run a framing nail gun.

thanks,
jim</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"