Re: [Shop-talk] Re-adhering ceramic tiles?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Re-adhering ceramic tiles?
From: Jimmie Mayfield via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 22:36:38 -0400

--------------7EE7A7B0CC6920EF902295DF

Have you addressed the underlying cause of the movement?  Were
load-bearing structures compromised or weight limits exceeded by the
remodel?

On 2020-03-29 13:40, Jim Franklin via Shop-talk wrote:
> My house settled after a major remodel and some 12x24 ceramic tiles have
> popped up along a line. But only one side of them. If I try and pry them up
> it's clear they're on a slight hump and only one side of the hump let go.
> They only move enough to keep cracking the grout and make a hollow sound if I
> tap on them- maybe 1/16 of an inch.
>
> Is there a product that will get in there through the grout channels that
> will stabilize the tiles? I'd rather not go through doing it the right way of
> lifting the whole tile and laying it as a new one.
>
> thanks,
> jim

--------------7EE7A7B0CC6920EF902295DF

  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      of the movement?  Were load-bearing structures compromised or
      weight limits exceeded by the remodel?<br>
      Shop-talk wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:6F3E27B6-9C57-4F7C-A43C-C7A086019B9C@groupwbench.org">
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">My house settled after a major remodel
and some 12x24 ceramic tiles have popped up along a line. But only one side of
them. If I try and pry them up it's clear they're on a slight hump and only one
side of the hump let go. They only move enough to keep cracking the grout and
make a hollow sound if I tap on them- maybe 1/16 of an inch.

Is there a product that will get in there through the grout channels that will
stabilize the tiles? I'd rather not go through doing it the right way of
lifting the whole tile and laying it as a new one.

thanks,
jim</pre>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre"

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"