[Shop-talk] Decking material?

To: Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Decking material?
From: Jim Franklin via Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 14:23:18 -0400
I'm looking to expand/replace the 8 x 14 deck I have now into a 16x24. It's 5/4
PT wood. What else do people like? This is a medium-budget project i.e. I want
something better than 1980s era PT pine or sagging plastic lumber but Ipe and
the like are probably out of range. I put a Trex railing in my house and I
liked the quality but 20 years ago Trex would burn your feet off and sagged.

What's available today that has a good quality per dollar ratio?

thanks,
jim