Re: [Shop-talk] First ever Shop Talk treasure hunt- PRIZE for winner---

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] First ever Shop Talk treasure hunt- PRIZE for winner--- CONGRATS to Michael Porter
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2020 15:31:09 -0600
On 9/15/20 7:36 AM, eric@megageek.com wrote:
> So the blades arrived and they fit.  So Michael Porteris our winner!
>
> $50 was just donated to Fat Chance garage and as soon as I hear what
> type of card Michael wants, that will go out as well!
>
> Thanks to everyone that helped out and tried.  There will be more
> contest in the future.
>
> One interesting thing about the blades, they are not as 'worked over'
> as the stock ones.  They are clearly meant to be stamped out as
> cheaply as possible.
>
> They weight more than the stock ones as a result, but that works out
> better as they cut way better in the taller stuff!
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Moose

Cool, thanks!

And a little side note about blades and their weight.  For a year or so
I was a parts runner for a local auto parts distributor, who also was
the largest Briggs & Stratton distributor in the area.  One day I
delivered a couple boxes of edger blades to the U of U groundskeepers.
The boxes were a bit smaller than your average facial tissue box, but
trust me, they weighed a LOT more. Basically they were as heavy as two
blocks of steel in that size. I walk in carrying these two boxes,
obviously with a bit of difficulty.  Some kid comes over and with this
sort of "you wimpy old fart" smug look on his face and extends his arms
to get the boxes.  Poor guy nearly fell over once he had them in hand,
he was NOT expecting them to be that heavy.

mjb.

utox.team.net