Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6

To: Pat Horne <patintexas@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Replacement florescent bulbs F42T6
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 10:16:14 -0800
Cc: Shop-talk@autox.team.net

--------------60ABC03F45870CAF063954D8

Makes sense. It's been a couple years, and my memory's fuzzy, but now I
remember I had a couple bad ballasts and, since I had to replace them I
got LED-compatible ones and installed LED tubes (T12 IIRC).

LEDs must need /something/, at least according to the ones I'm
familiar--they're used in rectifiers--need DC current (probable at 5 or
12V).

On 2/6/2021 9:08 AM, Pat Horne wrote:
> Bob, itâ??s not that LEDs need a special ballast, they usually donâ??t
> need any ballast, but that some of them will work with a fluorescent
> ballast & some not. The ones I use take 120-270v directly to the lamp.
>
> Peace,
> Pat
>
> Pat Horne
> We support Habitat for Humanity

--------------60ABC03F45870CAF063954D8

  <head>
  </head>
    Makes sense. It's been a couple years, and my memory's fuzzy, but
    now I remember I had a couple bad ballasts and, since I had to
    replace them I got LED-compatible ones and installed LED tubes (T12
    IIRC).<br>
    LEDs must need <i>something</i>, at least according to the ones I'm
    familiar--they're used in rectifiers--need DC current (probable at 5
    or 12V).<br>
      cite="mid:6DF6799D-1C1F-405B-9171-26EDE2411124@icloud.com">
      Bob, itâ??s not that LEDs need a special ballast, they usually donâ??t
      need any ballast, but that some of them will work with a
      fluorescent ballast &amp; some not. The ones I use take 120-270v
      directly to the lamp.

--------------60ABC03F45870CAF063954D8--

--===============0586438748810532636==

--===============0586438748810532636==--