Re: [Shop-talk] Looking for solution to vehicle camera problem

To: "'Jeff Scarbrough'" <fishplate@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Looking for solution to vehicle camera problem
From: <alfuller194@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 14:52:19 -0400
Cc: 'shop-talk' <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
The unit in the link indicates it creates its own Wi-Fi network:
     "WiFi Connection  Super easy to use with your phone, the transmitter
inside the camera creates a WiFi network that will work anywhere,
pre-existing WiFi or internet connection not         required."

It also claims to have a 100 Ft range, so hopefully all the metal on and
around the machine would not prevent it from working.

As to power, if you need the camera to only work occasionally [as opposed to
all day, every day] - I would think you could just use a 12v battery pack:
- this one uses 8 x AA batteries and has a wired on/off switch:
https://smile.amazon.com/CO-RODE-Battery-Holder-Wired-Switch/dp/B00VE7HBMS
- this one is a rechargeable lithium ion pack:
https://smile.amazon.com/ABENIC-1800mAh-Rechargeable-Protable-Lithium/dp/B07
53CP286/

And I see a bunch of others...
All the best,