Re: [Shop-talk] tankless/instant water heater

To: john niolon <jniolon@att.net>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] tankless/instant water heater
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 16:39:17 -0600
On Mon, Jan 24, 2022 at 4:27 PM john niolon <jniolon@att.net> wrote:

> tired of just cold (really cold) water in the shop sink./..thinking about a
> tankless/instant water heater.  Would like to stay
> with 120v if possible to avoid additional wiring (me crawling around in attic
> dragging wire with bad knees and hips.  I have an available plug
> within 6 ' of sink
>
> pros and cons ? recommendations.
> This will strictly be a hand washing sink to be used after putting up my
> tools  (shop content)

an 1800W tankless water heater (the biggest you can plug into 120V
outlet) will have a temperature rise of 25 degrees at 0.5 gpm.
(that's the physics of water.  they're all going to have similar
performance.  Anything that claims better is lying or has a tank)
That will turn cold water into less cold water, or warm water into hot
water.  you probably want something with a tank.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com