[Shop-talk] Pressure Washing 'Modern' Truck

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Pressure Washing 'Modern' Truck
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 10:21:34 -0700
I have a '96 Ranger that will be due for a CA smog check in a couple
months. I've been using it for farm duties and transport to hay baling
assignments, and the engine compartment's gotten a good cake of dust.
Besides the 'usual' prep--injector cleaner, clean the (K&N) air filter,
fresh gas and oil, etc.--I'm thinking of pressure washing the engine
because, well, because it looks like crap. I know appearances don't
count--OBDII and tailpipe emissions only--but I need to wash my riding
lawnmower and I'll have the pressure hooked-up anyway ...

So, anyone had an issue pressure washing a new(ish) vehicle with ECU,
CoP, etc.? I don't think twice about pressure washing my old cars and
tractors, except for maybe losing some paint, and if they won't start I
know it's a matter of getting the electricals dried out, but a newer
vehicle with their 'delicate' electronics?

TIA,
Bob