RE: Mig

To: "'Brad Kahler'" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: RE: Mig
From: Peter Cebalo <cebalo@NthShore.govt.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 13:42:55 +1200

>After recieving other posts from listers, it looks like the Sears
>unit is even less expensive ($299) and is already setup for gas.  I'm
>tending to lean that way now.  What I need to know now is sizing of
>the gas bottles.  The smallest bottle the welding supply dealer
>handles is $105 and the one he recommends is $155.  The more
>expensive one is around a 3 foot tall bottle.  What size are other
>listers using and how long does it last them?

Hi Brad,

I use the '3 foot' bottle. So far I've only had to fill it twice. In
that time I've replaced 2 rear wings, 2 outer wheel arches, rear
valance, 2 door skins, both sides of the floor, boths outer sills (
rockers?) and repaired chassis and bonnet. I would go for the larger
bottle.

Over here in NZ, most commonly used gas for this type of work is
"argosheild"  - a mixture of CO2 and Argon. This gives far better
results than just CO2 gas.

Hope this helps.

Peter Cebalo

Auckland,New Zealand