Shakin' Spitfire

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shakin' Spitfire
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:36:02 -0400
Hi All,

Now that my 79 Spitfire is running well thanks to its replacement
carburetter (thanks  Bob Sykes, Sam Gentry, et al), I am working on it's
braking performance.

I get a pulsation when the rear brakes are applied.   I have replaced the
shoes and turned down the drums.   I can still "feel" the high spots in the
brakes when adjusting them.

I have spun the drums on the car but can't see any wobble per se.  (Yeah I
know that a dial indicator is more accurate, but I don't have one.)

I have tried changing the relationship/position of the drums to the hubs.
No noticeable effect.

What is the most likely cause of my problem?

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO
Succasunna, NJ USA