Re: Eureka

To: David Stevely <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Eureka
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 1998 22:02:22 -0400
At 11:51 PM 8/1/98 +0100, David Stevely wrote:
>Yes, it works, I finally plucked up the courage to try and start the
>Spit tonight, and guess what, after a few turns to pull the fuel through
>and a little (a lot) of adjustment to the timing it started and ran.
>
>There is however one small problem which I would be gratefull if someone
>could help with, the radiator appears to be full of holes, so if anyone
>has a non-holy radiator for a MkII Spitfire lying around doing nothing I
>would be gratefull for the opertunity to relieve you of it.
>
>Well that's all for now, the next job is the brakes, wheel bearings and
>suspension.
 Dave,

Congrats on getting your car started...it's a really good feeling, isn't it?

As for your Rad, I hope you can find one in the UK.    Around here, any
radiator shop can repair brass radiators (such as the Spit uses) very
easily.   I had the one on my '79 boiled (cleaned), repaired, and pressure
tested for $50 USD.   By comparison, a new Rad would have cost about $300.

Cheers,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

Confucius say: "Crowded lift smell different to midget."