What little Spit I had has returned

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What little Spit I had has returned
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 22:00:21 EDT
Listers

The cause of my performance difficulties was a cracked diaphram in the single
Stromberg carb. The Moss rebuild kit parts and four hours of cleaning did the
trick.
All the past performance has returned. I now have a competely tuned engine and
a brand new intake manifold vacuum gauge ( which by the way was rock steady )
that I didn't need to buy.

Thanks to all for your help and especially to Bill Kelly, Will O,Brien who
told me to rebuild the carb, and Bob Sykes who pointed out that a bad carb
diaphram could cause the problem. Bob you where right it did!

Pete VanDuyne
'80 1500