HAZARD LIGHTS

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HAZARD LIGHTS
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A)
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 10:21:59
OK Y'all here is my latest problem with the great "Prince of Darkness"
(a.k.a. Lucas Electronics)  when my hazard switch is pulled it prevents my
turns signals from working (I do believe this part is normal) but my
hazards won't work.  I don't believe it to be the lights or wiring as much
as I do the switch.  Unfortunately I have not had the time to trouble shoot
the problem (working 70 hours a week tends to do that)  I was hoping that
someone out there in the great land of Triumphs would have an idea on a
common cause for this.

My next question, My '79 Spitfire has the late model turn signal, with the
bright flasher and horn on it.  I am unable to get my horn to operate or my
passing lights to flash.  I am sure this is due to 20 years of corrosion
and abuse on the switch.  As anyone found a good way to solve this problem.
 As of yet I have not taken it off to examine it mainly because I can't
figure a good way to take off the late model rubberized steering wheel
without damaging it?  Help.

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire