mileage question -Reply

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, ualbert@juno.com
Subject: mileage question -Reply
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 06:43:37 -0500
If you were driving in the city, it sounds about right.  Otherwise, it is a
little low.

I can get around 33 mpg when on a trip in my spit.  That is a little above
210 miles on a tank.  I have a '79, but with a single weber.

Kevin

>>> <ualbert@juno.com> 08/05/98 08:52pm >>>
I got a quickie. I just ran out of gas on the road 2 days ago(i really
gotta fix that fuel meter). and the trip odometer indicated that I got
175 miles to the whole tank. For a '79 Spit with a single Stromberg carb,
does this sound high, low, or just about right? Heh. After filling up I
now have a fuel meter that reads 2 hairlines below 3/4ths. Looks like I
have a weekend project ahead of me.