Re: grill rattle

To: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: grill rattle
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 21:08:19 -0400
At 06:31 PM 8/5/98 PDT, Ryan Smith wrote:
>Anybody out there know of a good way to stop the plastic grill from
>rattling while in idle.  I thought I fixed it when I replaced a missing
>bolt but it still rattles.  Of course a good tune up would make my idle
>less rough but that's next week's project.
>
>Ryan,

Just saw your post, and must ask, are you sure its the grille?

If your car has a chin spoiler, it depends on the valance under it to hold
it steady. Otherwise it vibrates terribly, as it is only held on by a long
screw at each end.  Many Spits don't have the fibreboard valance underneath
anymore...

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA

Confucius say: "Crowded lift smell different to midget."