Re: OK, have a question regarding Spitfire performance

To: robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com
Subject: Re: OK, have a question regarding Spitfire performance
From: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 23:03:24 -0400
robert.perciaccante@pharma.Novartis.com wrote:

> In discussing my plans for my 72 Mk IV with a few friends of mine whom have
> done engine conversions in small project cars similar to mine, I have
> decided to leave the original 1300 engine in my spit instead of the planned
> Chevy V-6 conversion.
>
> However,
>
> I am interested in getting performance parts for the car, namely stiffer
> suspension bushings, tighter and/or adjustable springs, etc.  Can someone
> point me in the right direction to locate such parts?
>
> Appreciate any help you can give me,
>
> Bob
Victoria British, SpitBits and others have Urethane (sp?) Bushings,
stiff sway bars, Gas Shocks, etc.  Try WWW.VTR.ORG for links to these
and other sites.

BTW, I saw a 70 Spit with Yokohama A032R DOT Racing Tires ($90 at
WWW.tirerack.com), very cool tires which are steet legal and made for
competition.  Also, they are small enough to fit a spitfire.
--
Patrick Barber
74 Spitfire 1500 (FM14774U)