Re: 5-speed production Spitfires..??

To: Paul <hove13@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: 5-speed production Spitfires..??
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 07:38:52 +0000
You meen with the MG Midget (posibly Spitfire are they the same)  single
rail 4 speed, being the same as a Marina/Ital Gear box, hence it the 5
speed convert is a streight swap for the Marina/Ital it must be for the
MG.  There for if the MG and Spitfire gear boxes are the same then it
must also stand to reason that you can get a 5 speed transmition for a
Spitfire.   I must put the Marina/Ital on my list of cars to visit at
the scrap yard.
Confused Yet?
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot