KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing

To: "triumphs-owner@autox.team.net" <triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: KONI Shock Installation - Bulging Top Bushing
From: Jerry <lensman@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 16:55:14 -0400
I'm putting this out to the group for some assistance.  I'm rebuilding
the front suspension and had to replace shocks.  I've put a new shock
and coil spring  (old) together but funny thing is that after tightening
the nut on the shock to compress the spring the bushing on the outside
of the top plate is heavily compressed while the the bushing underneath
the top plate is not.  Will this correct itself when installed on the
car or do I need to do something?  I'm sure I didn't flip the bushings.

Jerry - 1968 GT-6 MK1