Sad engine rebuild.

To: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Sad engine rebuild.
From: Andy Warfield <warfiel@gaul.csd.uwo.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 18:04:49 -0400 (EDT)
        What a day... I decided to do the valves and rings on my '68 Mk
III, and all of the parts arrived this week.  I'd been working for a few
hours this afternoon, when I went to put the new rings on my pistons.  To
my surprise (or stupidity...) I came to the sudden realization that the
engine in my car is not a 1300cc, but rather a 1150.  So, I packed it up
and ordered new rings and gaskets (again).  Needless to say, I'm in poor
spirits.  I guess that's what I get for not checking the engine number, I
thought that I had read that the mark III started production with the
1300, I guess one of the previous owners 'downgraded' the engine.

        Anyhow, if anyone is in need... I now have a set of .030" rings
and a head gasket for a mark III, 1300cc engine.

Andy.

---
   "I wake to sleep, and take my waking slow.
    I feel my fate in what I cannot fear.
    I learn by going where I have to go."

        - Words for the Wind, Theodore Roethke

Andy Warfield