More Wacky OD

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: More Wacky OD
From: "Brian N." <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:59:28 -0700
Thanks for the repsonses.  FWIW to others, in the past, although it is
not the problem now, the switch on the gear shift knob will be irregular
unless cleaned well and squirted with a little WD40.  Sounds wierd to
put WD40 in a switch, but the corrosion kept returning after cleaning
within a couple of months until I used WD40.  It has a moisture
inhibiter.  Seems to work.

Random disengagement/reengagement in either 3rd or 4th were the
symptoms.

However, this is not the problem of my post of yesterday.  Just the 3rd
gear gremlin.  I will check the switch on the top of the box next.

Brian N