Two Simple Questions

To: Spitfires <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Two Simple Questions
From: David Stevely <DStevely@webleicester.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 22:20:52 +0100
Hi folks,

Couple of questions I hope you can help with.

I have a 1966 Mk II Spitfire4

1. Does this car (standard, no pun intended) have syncro on first,
because it certainly doesn't sound like it?

2. I drove it round the block for the first time tonight (rebuilt from
scratch) and after about 5 minutes the car stalled and wouldn't start, I
waited a while and it then started.  Is this the symptoms of vapour lock
I have heard so much about and if so what can I do?  I don't think a 5
min max run time is really acceptable, even for an classic car with all
it's quirks.

Thanks in anticipation.

Dave.