RE: dies on a hill!

To: "Thorn" <tthorn@comp.uark.edu>,
Subject: RE: dies on a hill!
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <gsmith@cvn.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 00:35:02 -0400
Did it die while idling? while moving? while under load (say, uphill)? while
hot?
Did you have spark?
Was your choke pulled out? As a '79, (with autochoke), the autochoke can
fail "full on", fouling the plugs and giving too much gas for combustion. My
mechanic just diagnosed this problem with our Spit. (The autochoke is
temporarily disabled. with a shim made from soda can material; the car is a
little hard to start now!)

Gregory W. Smith      http://www.cvn.net/~gsmith
Member, Central Pennsylvania Triumph Club
1980 Spitfire 1500 "for the wife" :)
1980 TR7 Spider v8 (in progress)
1980 TR7 30th Anniversary Edition (deceased)