Fwd: Rear Wheel Knock/Noise?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Rear Wheel Knock/Noise?
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 1998 07:29:40 EDT

--part0_903871780_boundary

In a message dated 8/21/98 9:30:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, PVanDuyne writes:

<< Listers

 I have noticed a noise comming from the drivers side rear wheel and its
getting much louder. It might be a U-Joint, but I am not sure what this sounds
like. Can someone try to discribe the noise a bad u-joint would make. The
noise(s) I hear seems to be a mix of sounds - a rythmic clunk, an occasional
lounder clunk, clangs and spring sounds as if its the brake shoes. The sounds
are worse on acceleration from a stop and sharp right turns (LHD). I have
inspected the drum brake and found everything  to be where it is suppose to
be. What do you think could be the source?

 Thanks in advance
          Pete
           1980 Spit (BROWN!) >>

I have a new computer lost my address book! so I guess the list never got
this, trying again.

--part0_903871780_boundary

I have noticed a noise comming from the drivers side rear wheel and its
getting much louder. It might be a U-Joint, but I am not sure what this sounds
like. Can someone try to discribe the noise a bad u-joint would make. The
noise(s) I hear seems to be a mix of sounds - a rythmic clunk, an occasional
lounder clunk, clangs and spring sounds as if its the brake shoes. The sounds
are worse on acceleration from a stop and sharp right turns (LHD). I have
inspected the drum brake and found everything  to be where it is suppose to
be. What do you think could be the source?

Thanks in advance
         Pete
          1980 Spit (BROWN!)

--part0_903871780_boundary--